Sydney Design Awards 2012
The Sydney Design Awards represent the diversity and culture of the Sydney design industry.
Sydney as a recognised global design city, features both local and international design activity, and the shortlisted entries in the Sydney Design Awards represent an annual snapshot of the sophisticated design culture in the Sydney marketplace.
This years' program gives an opportunity for professional designers, design commissioners and brand managers to have their design works recognised.
Join us for a celebration of the people that create and commission design, and who promote and engage in all aspects of design.
Presented by design100.
22 May - Industry briefing and entries open
15 October - Extended date - Entries close
19 October - Judging panel session
30 October - Finalists announced
12 November - Public voting closes
21 November - Awards Night & Design Christmas Party
WINNERS ANNOUNCED 2013 Sydney Design Awards
Celebrating courage in design from both commissioners and creators, the Sydney Design Awards are pleased to announce that the City of Sydney wins the Design Champion Award at the 2013 Sydney Design Awards.
The Design Champion Award is presented to the most significant body of work in the Awards. This year City of Sydney were the commissioners of four significant projects across five categories –Urban Design Landscape Design – Commercial, Architecture - Mixed - Use – Constructed.
The business of design
4 days to go - NewStar Design Awards
AGDA NSW - Clients Who Say Yes
Learn how the Australian brand landscape is shifting from corporate control to creative bravery. Jason Little - Creative Director of RE, will take you through the creative process of building identities for both large and small clients along with an in-depth journey through the recently launched Optus rebrand.
Next Generation – Architecture and Design Symposium celebrates 40 years of Sydney Opera House
In celebration of the 40th anniversary of the opening of Sydney Opera House, the Australian Institute of Architects and the Opera House are presenting an Architecture and Design Symposium on Friday 25 October to be opened by His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark.
- Design Commissioner
- Design Creator
- Design Event
- Design Manufacturer
- Design Publication - Online
- Design Publication - Print
- Design Retailer - less than 5 shops
- Architecture - Commercial - Constructed
- Architecture - Commercial - Proposed
- Architecture - Mixed - Use - Constructed
- Architecture - Mixed - Use - Proposed
- Architecture - Residential - Constructed
- Architecture - Residential - Proposed
- Installation Design - Display
- Installation Design - Exhibit
- Installation Design - Set Design
- Interior Decoration
- Interior Design - Corporate or Hospitality
- Interior Design - Public or Institutional
- Interior Design - Residential
- Interior Design - Retail
- Interior Design - Retail, more than 5 shops
- Landscape Architecture
- Lighting Design
- Urban Design
- Graphic Design - Corporate Identity and Branding
- Graphic Design - Environmental
- Graphic Design - Illustration and Type
- Graphic Design - Publication
- Graphic Design - Three Dimensional
- Product Design - Business and Technology
- Product Design - Consumer
- Product Design - Heavy Machinery
- Product Design - Housing and Building
- Product Design - Sport and Leisure
- Product Design - Automotive and Transport
- Product Design - Furniture
- Product Design - Homewares
- Product Design - Lighting
- Product Design - Medical and Scientific
- Textile + Surface Design - Fashion
- Textile + Surface Design - Interior
- Digital Experience - Games
- Digital Experience - Mobile
- Digital Experience - Website
- Event Experience - Business
- Event Experience - Consumer
- Visual Merchandising